So today I noticed Swiss Knife is causing a delay when switching between elements inside the builder (a.k.a. clicking another element to edit it). This delay is about 0.5 – 1 second, but significantly slows down the workflow inside the builder. There are also some (rare) exceptions that the delay is longer than 1 second.
I’ve set up a testing environment with the required plugins. All other plugins have been disabled, except for OxyMade, Swiss Knife and Oxygen itself.
To add a few remarks:
- This issue only happens on specific pages, I’m not sure what’s triggering the problem. I’m thinking it might be some element, using over an X amount of elements, using imported components from a 3rd party design set or something else related to the amount of elements/classes, etc.
- I tried disabling OxyMade as well, but that does not change anything to the issue.
- There are 2 pages on the testing environment, ‘Home’ and ‘Test Swiss Knife’. The first one does have the issue, the second one does not. The ‘Home’ page has been made up out of from several imported components from the default OxyMade library.
- The issue is resolved immediately after Swiss Knife has been disabled.
- This issue also occurs on other websites where OxyMade has not been used at all. Over here, disabling Swiss Knife also solves the issue.
- The problem occurs in multiple browsers (tested on Chrome, Firefox & Firefox Developer).
- Oxygen version 3.9 with Swiss Knife version 2.0.7. Haven’t tested this issue extensively with previous versions of both Oxygen and SK, but for as far as I can recall, this issue has been around for a much longer time.
I hope I’ve provided you with enough information to resolve this issue. If you’ve got any other questions, feel free to reach out to me!